View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi-wayman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
Luongo is playing just like he always does during the season. Always plays well, problem is once he gets in the playoffs and his success has not been that great in Van or internationally. I like Lu but I think he would be a better playoff performer elsewhere where he isn't the face of the franchise. When he had a bad game someone else had to step up and no one ever did.

I think the return will be a lot less than some believe. Toronto is not hard up for him since they don't have a good enough team to warrant such a move. Florida? Wsh? Other than Florida, is there another team that will take the contract?
Two years ago when there were discussions as to how much Cory Schnieder would bring the Canucks in trade there were weeks of posts on HF as to how much any goalie would get and how much less Cory would bring back because he was not a proven NHL starting goalie. HF fans pretty much came to the consensus that the most a proven NHL starting goalie would bring in trade would be a second round pick and a mid range prospect. Cory, being unproven would only likely return a 3rd round pick to the Canucks.

Do you really think Luongo will not return a 2nd round pick so that we Vancouver fans will really be upset & surprized with how much less we will get for Luongo? After all he is a proven NHL starting goalie. I guses some will say he hasn't played enough games this season to prove he isn't already over the hill and on the rapid decline plus point out how terrible his contract is.

If you don't think Luongo is still worth a 2nd round pick, what do you think we will have to settle for?