View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
True, but nobody knew that Gainey would be dense enough to let him go. I mean, sure, if Markov is just gonna be let go to free agency, try to get some value out of him.
I don't disagree on Gainey, my point is more along the lines of us treating these players as being indispensible and that we NEED them or the sky will fall.

I don't deny that losing Markov would hurt us in the short term but over the long haul we might be better off if we get the right return.

I'm more opmtimistic now than I was with any previous Hab team. Even back when we had that fluke 100 point season I knew we weren't good enough to win. Now I look at our core and see high end talent (or at least the promise of it) at several key positions. And Galchenyuk's early performance has me re-evaluating the window of our chance at winning. I didn't think we'd have a shot at a cup for at least a few years but with Gally's emergence it might be a shorter window than that. Right now I'd be far less likely to trade away Plekanec than I would've been. Markov though? Depends on how we finish, depends on his play and the return.

Again so early in the season and we have had a very easy schedule so far. Let's see how Galchenyuk does against tougher checking. Let's see if Markov's knee holds up and let's see how we do against tougher opponents. If we're still winning, Markov is playing great and we're fighting for 1st at the end of the year? Tough to justify dealing Markov at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The Flames won the Cup with the vet they got for Brett Hull. I'm fairly sure they didn't regret it.
I'm fairly sure that St. Louis didn't regret dealing for Hull either. But hey it's ECWHSWI so what do you expect? At least he spared the emoticons in that post.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote