View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 02:27 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadoCH View Post
The more I follow Kerby Rychel and the performance of the Habs so far this season looking at a 15-20 type pick in all likely hood I think its a match made in heaven.

Gym rat with skill that works hard in both ends of the ice looks like a match for me.
I really liked Rychel at the beginning of the year, then once it started not so much and now I'm back to being a fan. The biggest red flag for me is his inconsistency. Inconsistency in not only finding the back of the net, but the physical element of his game as well. At the beginning of the season he would often carry the puck and shoot... and that was it.

Lately Rychel has become more physical, he drives the net and likes to crash and bang along the boards. He tends to go through stages where he'll be wrecking people every shift and then do nothing the next game. He always brings it to the important games though, that's a huge plus.

Rychel is a very intriguing player for me if we are picking in mid-twenties range. I like that the fact he'll most likely be an NHLer due to his passion, but I'm not sure how his offensive game will translate to the NHL. He has work to do with his puck skills and skating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
What do you think the offensive upside would be for Bo Horvat? I really like the way he plays but to draft him he will have to be enough of a scorer/playmaker to be Top 6 guy at the NHL level.
Horvat is the type of player that doesn't really have the identity of a playmaker or a scorer. Now that could be a good thing or bad thing. Is a multi-dimensional offensive threat? Or is he a jack-of-all-trades that does everything well? I tend to lean towards the second, but he still has a lot of qualities that make a threat offensively. He's a good smart passer, has a good shot, goes to the net and is great along the boards. He also has an incredible toe-drag, it's super effective.

Horvat is one of the most intriguing players in this draft for me because of his defensive game and I want to see how good he becomes offensively.

I think he could become a second line player offensively. He'll definitely be a third line, so there's security in picking him, but I'd like someone with more upside.