View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
I don't think AV is tactful, or sensitive, enough to have this done "issue free"... As far as issues go, this is harmless, IMHO...

Canucks have two excellent goaltenders... Throwing Bobby Lu a bone right now... Schneider will be getting his bone soon enough...

When you only have one free breast, and two hungry babies... one baby needs to go hungry for a while longer (that's just the way life sometimes is)... The one who's likely to cry and fuss first, gets fed first... He's older... Squeeky wheel gets the grease, and age before beauty... Schneider won't starve... After all, Mommy loves Schneider more... All is well, in the cycle of life...

Baby Lu is getting adopted soon enough... Until then, yes, breasts might get a little sore... Yes, babies might cry or whimper a little more... but, life could be worse, for everyone involved... They've got shelter... They're safe enough... It's a great environment... AV isn't very outwardly loving, but that's just the way he is... He's a distant father... But I don't foresee social services needing to send Baby Lu to an orphanage... Time is there for a great family to adopt Baby Lu... Baby Schneids will have to wait a little bit... I'm confident he won't **** the crib in protest... and he won't starve...
Wow.

What many are losing sight of here is how a coach must manage his team. Or, specifically, how AV has always managed his team. Everyone on the team follows the same set of rules, regardless of who they are. If his decisions are based on outside variables such as contract or draft status, then players will no longer believe performance will get him rewarded.

For example, a fringe player like Volpatti will lay it all out on the line if he knows that he will be rewarded with a spot in the NHL. If he sees Luongo outplaying Schneider, however loses his spot based on politics, then hes more likely to not trust the coaches equality. Weve seen it before with Ballard/Rome.