View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 03:18 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
One thing I will complain about when we dealt Pronger is that it completely closed our cup window. We've been mediocre ever since and while we made out well asset wise, we also used up the final 4 years of Getzlaf and Perry's deals by icing a mediocre hockey team.

Now that Etem & Palmieri etc are emerging for us Getzlaf and Perry are in their final years and Selanne is another step closer to retirement.

I'm a fan of the return we received from Pronger but still not a fan of trading away such a quality blueliner.

Also you can't really claim we got Beauch in the Pronger deal. If you want to do that then the trade is essentially Pronger & Gardiner for Beauch (who could have been re-signed), Sbisa, Palmieri & Etem.
Considering the deal that Pronger ended up signing it was highly unlikely he was going to remain a Duck beyond his contract. Potentially losing Pronger for nothing or even a lesser deal was just not an option. Even in hindsight I still think this is a great deal. Sure our defense hasn't been the same since he was traded but that was going to happen anyway when he walked. I hope Murph has the balls to pull off another deal like this when it's obvious Perry isn't coming back.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote