View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 03:39 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
GT5 is the best racing game out there hands down Forza doesn't hold a candle to it. PS3 exclusives blow anything xbox has out of the water. I play xbox more simply because the online is better and my club in NHL for xbox is a top 10 club but when it comes down to which system has the better games PS3 wins hands down. This is coming from one of the biggest Halo fanboys back in my hey day. I was payed to play Halo 2 through most of my highschool years and enjoy the competitive multiplayer it offers. The game itself is "meh" compared to the top flight stuff PS3 has to offer. COD is the same game it was in 2007 when the first Modern Warfare came out. And its crap at that.

The Uncharted series, Infamous series, Little Big Planet, God of War, Killzone series, Heavy Rain, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Journey, Demon Souls, M.A.G. and Metal Gear Solid are all ridiculous. Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 and 3 are the best games I've ever played hands down.

That all said. It's too soon for a PS4. Xbox needs to put out a new console because their system was well behind the PS3 in terms of what it could do in the first place. But there is a ton of untapped potential left in the PS3. Not a single game has taken advantage of the full power that system can offer. I will buy it anyway because The Last of Us, Beyond 2 Souls, and Watch Dogs look great.

Playstation controller is the original and is better then the xbox's. However if you want to play playstation with the analog stick in the "proper" place, there are controllers for the playstation with the same setup as the xbox's
I feel that those might be the last games to really tap the potential of the PS3. The PS3 has 6/7 year old hardware in it and even most games on medium or sometimes low on the PC can still beat out the PS3 and 360 in terms of graphics and power. Also, 7 years is a normal cycle for Playstation consoles (1994 - PS1, 2000 - PS2, 2006 - PS3, 2013 - PS4). When a new consoles comes out, it doesn't mean support will stop for it and it doesn't mean they will stop making the system. It took till January 4th of this year to stop worldwide manufacturing of the PS2 (2000-2013). As a PC gamer seeing all the features that games, the programs that run them (Steam, Origin, etc) and so on have, the PS3 is missing out on a lot and a new system would definitely help push some great features for the Playstation brand.

And just letting you know, I already do have the Survival Edition of The Last of Us fully pre-ordered.