Phaneuf
Gardiner
Kulemin
Grabovski
Gunnarsson
Rielly
Kadri
And now Bozak

Can we just cut this out and say that all leafs: past, present, and future are overrated?

Don't kid yourselves flyer fans, Phaneuf would be your best active defenseman. Although I can understand flyers not wanting to make this deal, as Couts is a definite keeper. But saying Phaneuf would make your D-core worse is laughable at best.
I definitely don't agree with the rip on players lowering their value. The fact is right now Couturier is untouchable (Evidence = every trade rumor on here involves a fan from another team trying to get him)

I actually believe phanuef is exactly what this team needs, or something of his caliber, but The flyers say no. Again if they wouldnt trade couturier for Weber then I don't see him being moved for anyone of less value. (ie a package for Stamkos, Ovie, Crosby, Malkin) Not saying hes worth it or that it will ever happen. I'm just saying that would be a reason to move him.

Similar to how The oilers won't move any of their top-tier youth. Everyone knows its a mistake. Its a salary cap game now.

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote