Thread: Prospect Info: Official Penguins Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Black Label

vCash: 500
Just to add on to what Burgs said about Sundqvist:

I saw him when he came up to play for his big club Skellefteć and he has been looking decent. He hasn't had a huge role on the team which is to be expected since Skellefteć is in first place and they have a lot more experienced players.

He hasn't looked out of place really when I've watched him. Obviously there is a small sample size for him with the big club this season. He uses his size well but has some issues playing against bigger guys. He needs to fill out his frame to really live up to his potential. He is about 190 lbs. or thereabouts now but I think he would look good around 200 or so since he has a big frame (6'3").

His two-way game has looked solid in the sheltered minutes he was getting. He really seems to be a boom or bust prospect at this point. I think he will either fill out his frame nicely and be a solid two-way forward in the NHL or he will never even make it to the NHL. He plays with a lot of passion and fire in his game. I don't really see a lot of top 6 potential with him but he may prove me wrong. If he converts to wing then maybe he would be able to cut it in the top 6 as a big power forward with a mean streak. I would really like to see what he could do with a full season with top 6 minutes in the SEL but that obviously is a season or two away.