View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Well, OK, but if you look at it like that, then we're ****ed. You can't look at three guys to provide all or most of the offense. I'm not saying Couturier and Schenn should be tearing it up, but I expected much more. When teams rely on a small selection of players to provide most of the offense, then those players are usually elite. Briere and Voracek are far from elite, and so are the missing Hartnell and Simmonds. Giroux is really good, but he's also nowhere near Malkin or Crosby. Or even Stamkos, for that matter. He's a bona-fide top 10 or maybe top 15 player, but he can't do it all himself. So for me it's quite reasonable to expect more from the rest of the guys if we're to do well.

edit: To put it into somewhat more concrete terms (not adjusted for a 48-game season), I fully expect Schenn to get around 50 points and Couturier also at least 40 - 45.
thats unrealistic imo. i dont even know if they'll put up those numbers next season. and yes we are ****ed but in paul's defense they went into this season expecting a healthy briere, hartnell and simmonds in addition to giroux and voracek that's 5 of your top 6 right there. meaning the youngs weren't necessarily going to be relied on to provide a significant amount of offense. i'm not saying i didn't expect the sophomores to produce at all but it's called a sophomore slump for a reason.

i for one didn't really think the flyers had a true shot at the cup but i did consider them a playoff team and once the playoffs start anything is possible. but again i didn't expect them to be contenders, its a work in progress.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote