View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Blue Goose
"Hockey Transplant"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercanuck View Post
I don't think Quebec is a shoo-in to get the Coyotes like many seem to think. The league could have moved the team to the Colisee last summer. They would have got the asking price and washed their hands of this mess but they decided to go with a pseudo owner and take their losses instead. There has to be a reason for that.
The longer this goes on, the more I'm starting to think the NHL stayed one extra year in Glendale (rather than just move the Coyotes to QC last summer) to allow time for Chris Hansen to buy the Sacramento Kings and get the affairs in order for the new Seattle arena. It just seems too coincidental to me, especially given all of the "milk-Markham-and-QC-for-expansion-fees" theories coming from hockey journalists all over.

I certainly feel for Coyotes fans right now, especially since they're going to be hearing relocation stories every day until the season is over. Making matters worse is that nothing is going to develop until mid-April at the earliest:

NBA regular season ends on 4/17. Kings won't make the Playoffs.
NBA Board of Governors meetings are on 4/18 and 4/19. BOG is expected to approve the sale of the Kings to Hansen.
NHL regular season ends on 4/27. If the Coyotes miss the Playoffs, the relocation wheels will start turning instantly.