View Single Post
Old
07-03-2006, 09:29 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie_D View Post
How can i be postive when my GM has done absolutely nothing to improve my team? I'm honestly bummed out right now. Why won't Bob make a statement?
Why should he? What do you want him to say? "Oh, drat, I failed to sign one guy?" "It's a pity Pronger didn't want to come here"?

The forward crop this year is very thin, particularly at the top end. So much so that after two players the Habs *might* have been genuinely interested in are off the market -- Arnott and Elias -- it's panic time already. That says something about how slim the pickings are.

The Habs' lineup is solid, they only lost Bulis and Sundstrom, they're not looking for D, so they're really just looking for one good scorer to tide them over while the young guns improve; they don't need more role-players, they have guys for every slot except maybe one top-six forward. Elias would have been perfect but he took less money to stay put for longer. Can't be helped. Other than that there's just not that many players of the caliber the Habs are looking for, and few of them are signed yet the pool.

People keep making such a fuss about "upgrading" Ribeiro but they forget that he IS pretty good, and there's just not that many centers in the UFA pool that would be an upgrade on him. Arnott was pretty much it, others are longshots at best.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote