View Single Post
Old
07-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
As far as I can see, there are no more "Impact" centers out there that have not been signed. What does that leave for the Habs? Nothing.. There's no one out there better then Koivu or Ribeiro at that matter. Even if we can argue that there where, it would cost too much in a trade. I wish we can get rid of Ribeiro and Zednik in a trade, but I doubt it. No one wants these guys. Riberio has the talent and maybe with Guy and Kirk, he may change his attitute and actually have a good season. Plekanec seems to have had a good rookie year despite his injury. Why sign an old washed up center who "MAY" do well as opposed to developing a young center, already under contract, who "MAY" also do well?

Right now If I was Bob, knowing that my attempts to land a solid forward failed (having taxes, snow, and language issues against him) might as well try and develop what was drafted as soon as possible without burning them out. And how would I do that? Get some hard working, smart, and charismatic players into the organization. I think that even if Roenick did mess up last year, he can teach the kids a lot about handling pressure and can teach them not to get intimidated which will help their development. Guy and Kirk are good for that but sometimes it's better to have that on the ice with you instead of all the way over on the bench. I like Peca too. Shanahan would be a great fit. Sure hope he likes to ski Who else would you try because at this point it really does seem to be try?

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote