View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 07:24 PM
hockeyGod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
I'm loathe to defend Rinaldo, but getting in a fight requires digging pretty deep and going to a pretty dark place. That's not necessarily something you can turn on and off like a light switch.

This is why in UFC the referee literally jumps between the two fighters or, in some cases, throws the guy on top about five feet to get him to stop.
On the flip side it should be the responsibility of the guy getting into the fight to not cross the line. You can't pull hair, fish hook, eye gauge etc. Why should a player get a pass for punching a guy after he already went to the ice. I feel the same about the takedown move as well, that should be a penalty too.

I've watched thousands and been in many hockey fights myself and I disagree that you need to go to a deep dark place. That's a cop out, if you can't control yourself you need to get psychological help.

As a sport, we cannot afford to let this kind of garbage go unpunished. For anyone defending this kind of behavior, have you been asleep for the last 2 years. We've had 3 fighters die or kill themselves and there's an argument if it was job related deaths.

hockeyGod is offline   Reply With Quote