View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Funk311

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
Good overall effort nearly across the board. MAF was stellar, the PK was great, Martin continues being pre-2011 Martin, the first line created some nice offense, the PP looked dangerous.

The only negative was that Malkin looked a bit disinterested through most of the night.
Thanks i have been putting in a lot of effort night in and night out. Pushing my more grinders agenda.

Overall good win considering we look gassed. We have played alot and traveled many days straight this past week. This is in no way unique to pittsburgh, but i see the schedule being a major factor this year. Will be interesting to see who handles it and who doesnt. The additional stress likely makes it hard for teams to right the ship, with less practice, more travel, and more time together. No chance to walk away and move on. See Rangers....

+ Kunitz and Dupuis
+all defense (aside from letang on the one goal....take a stick) but hey, 58 makes 20 good plays a night and 5 bad ones.
+ Fleury. I hope drama doesn't come of the goalie tandem. It looks great now and seems to be pushing both to play mistake free every night.
+ Glass and Cooke. That is what you are hear for. Maybe not the penalties, but let em know you are out there. Particularly when the game gets rough. Tonight we did all i can ask for from a grit perspective. When the game got rough, we set some ground rules with a few hits and fights.
+Tk for his effort on the year. Not every player in the league will be a star, TK is the kid of guy nearly every team needs.

mini + to the isles. Second time we played and I like the team they are rounding in to. Nice mix of quality throughout the lineup. Play a good game.

- Howie Rose.
- Malkin and Neal. Had some good plays, but overall a little misguided tonight. I like Neal's compete level though. Even when he is off, he is willing to get his hands dirty.
- Refs. The calls were often the right ones, but the game had no flow. This isn't whining, as much as it is commentary that i prefer a few holds and trips which had no impact on the plays go uncalled. Leads to a better game. That said, we made dumb decisions and nearly ever call was within reason.

Funk311 is offline   Reply With Quote