View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Odds on favourite is Prust against either Ference, Campbell, or Thornton. Hoping to see White dance with someone though. All in the heat of battle too, nothing staged.

Not unless Lucic starts gooning it up. Prusty already took on Lucic a few times and was beaten with relative ease. Prust's one of the best pound for pound and could hold his own against Lucy, but the size mismatch is too much for most anyone not named Rick Rypien.
I expect to see a couple of fights tomorrow.

Prust vs Lucic
Bouillon vs Campbell
If White plays, he might go against a guy like Boychuk or Ference.
Moen might also take on McQuaid or Ference.

I mainly expect the first 2 to happen though. I don't expect Prust to beat Lucic into pieces. That's just not fair to expect that from him. But I expect Lucic to come out hitting anyone in sight, and there are huge chances Prust won't take it. Lucic has the upper hand on Prust in a normal fight, but it's nowhere as much of a piece of cake as it is against Komisarek. Prust is a sneaky fighter with great technique and can find a way to get a couple of punches through.

As for Bouillon, he's a Habs at heart, Campbell usually plays like a big tough guy against the Habs and is likely to pick the easy fight with Bouillon. He might be in for a surprise though.

Something I'd like to see also is a Gallagher vs Marchand featherweight bout. Marchand is hated in Montreal, and Gallagher is a tough little piece of meat out there.