View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 11:00 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Richards has still the only one producing. There's a tendency on this board to throw the only guy scoring under the bus because the team in general isn't scoring.

If we were to get rid of Richards and Gaborik as you're implying we'd be back in the Christensen days.

I'm not ready to build the entire offense around a guy that has 2 goals in 9 games.

Even if he were scoring, you know who already tried that? Columbus. 30th in the league last year.
Not that I agree with building around Nash, but Columbus tried it while drafting Zherdev and then giving up on him, drafting Filatov and giving up on him and generally not drafting/developing players well. They didn't have Lundqvist, Staal, McDonagh, Girardi, Del Zotto, Callahan, Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider, Miller already installed around him when they decided to "build" around him. In this case, if we were to have 15M to spend rather than having Gaborik/Richards, there would at least be some frame work in place. Again, I'm not agreeing with the idea, but it would be a bit different from Columbus' situation, to be fair.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote