View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's amazing how people call Gaborik infuriating and revere Nash.

One of these players appears very quiet and sometimes you wonder if he's playing and he somehow has 5 goals. The other one dominates the ice and wows on every shift and somehow only has 2 goals.

Which one of these players is really infuriating?
100% agree on Gabby. However, I'm not infuriated with either of them. It's simply just been difficult to get the chemistry going. No training camp, high expectations, slow start. It all adds up and hangs on their shoulders. We need a streak, maybe 3-6 straight well played games where it all comes together in order to get the team chemistry going, individual chemistry going and most of all get their confidence up. They need to believe that they can win every game and that the guys next to them are going to get it done.

I think Gabby and Richards should play together, they had chemistry last year and can recapture it. Gabby benefits from a center who will create space and find him. As much as everyone here appears to hate Richards (I agree he hasn't looked great so far, but not nearly as bad as a lot of you are implying) he is good with the puck and drawing defenders and then finding Gabby.

Nash should be with Step. Simply because Nash is a guy who needs the puck on his stick and needs the offense to run though him. Putting him with Richards and Gabby diffuses this, with him looking to pass when he should be looking to drive to the net. With Stepan he has a decent center who can find him when he's open but also won't be running the offense, which is what Richards does.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote