View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 10:41 PM
kasper11

vCash: 500
No, this is not the time to make a move.

The Isles are not good enough to compete this year. I think they were hurt as much as any team by the lockout...between the Vis situation, playing in possibly the toughest division in hockey, and lacking the depth to get through a condensed season.

The Isles played a couple of good games, but Aucoin is a fringe player, not a top scorer; Nielsen isn't going to suddenly turn into a 70 point player (his pace); it is doubtful that Grabner, who has been a streaky player, stays at a pace for 45+ goals; etc.

Adding Ryan or Yandle isn't going to change that. Trading for one of them now would be paying a premium for the extra season they are under contract.

I think Snow needs to make an impact move in the offseason, but I don't think he needs to make a panic move trying for a miracle this season. I would rather wait, see how our prospects progress, see which of our players looks like a key part going forward. Just think, two weeks ago, most people would have traded Grabner over Okposo. Now it would be a bit different. Two months from now, who knows.

And for people who think that adding a young player would automatically speed up the rebuild, Phil Kessel.