Thread: Waived: COL claims Aaron Palushaj
View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 11:44 PM
chet1926

vCash: 500
I'm going to laugh real hard, if he comes in and maybe has a couple good games in a row and gets maybe something like 3pts in 2 games or something to start off, and all these Montreal fans are going to come here and complain and wonder why he never did that while he was there etc.

But on a serious note, I really don't mind the pickup he can't be any worse than some of the guys we are playing right now like Borderleau or VDG. Hopefully when we get healthy he is a player that can be a borderline AHL/NHL player that we can call up if there is an emergency. Its a low risk, medium reward type move. Worse case he is terrible and goes to Erie or gets waived, best case he comes in and proves he can play at an NHL level and he just needed some extra ice time to get there. Obviously our scouts saw something they liked or we wouldn't have claimed him, hopefully they can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

I expect the line tomorrow to be:

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Jones-Stastny-Hejduk
Kobasew-Mitchell-Palushaj
Olver-Sgarbossa-McCleod

I think Borderleau will get the nachos tomorrow if not him Kobasew (though I think he has played pretty hard for us), not because he has played terrible but because I see him as a Koci type who only needs to play on certain nights.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote