View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
I don't think Machacek would be a good fit on the 4th line. We already have 3 scoring lines and adding more offence to our 4th line wouldn't make any sense. Wright is more of an energy forward, and while he hasn't put up any points, he does well harassing the opposing team in their end and creating space for his team mates. While it would be nice to score some goals, it is not their job. We have 3 other lines that need to pitch in on that front.

IMO, Machacek would be a decent fit on the 3rd line with Poni and Antropov untill Wellwood finds his game. Otherwise, he is better served in the minors until he picks up his game.
I like the idea of being able to roll 4 lines out at teams that can all attack you and put the pressure on. I don't see that on our 4th line right now, it's too defensively orientated, IMO. Wright is a smart safe defensive forward, not an energy forward. He does not have the speed or hitting to be an "energy" forward. He does create some room in the offensive zone with puck protection and size, but that's where adding some offense on the line will enable them to cycle better and become a more consistent threat to opponents (not I did not say threat to score). I am not saying they should switch to an offensive focus, but improve the lines ability to maintain pressure, ala GST last year at times.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote