Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
What ever you guys think or what ever I think it matters what the Jets think

The Jets have drafted the following players in the top 2 rounds

Scheifle
Trouba
Sutter

All 3 have 1 thing in common. Size

Sorry but it is a pretty big criteria for the Org and Lindholm is a talented player but big nor gritty he is not.

Just tossing that out there before you guys get crazy but it is the truth
Not saying the Jets would draft Lindholm, but he is my favorite forward in the draft. He plays a very complete game and competes very well.

In terms of grit... Would you call Alfie gritty? Would you call Forsberg gritty? That's the type of player this kid is, not to mention he is extremely smart. He's grittier than Zetterberg, but likely not as good offensively.

But if you draft him to be a goal scorer, he might be a bit of a disappointment (like Forsberg, the kid may only score 30 goals in his best years), but he should be a point producer and a 60+ assist player if played with a shooter (hello EKane).

He is a very complete player, much better defensively than most, which i think would be of interest to the Jets. This would be the player i would draft, if available in the 5 to 8 slot.

But, I do agree, the Jets will likely lean towards a bigger player, so a Sean Monahan may be their target. I would take Lindholm, over Monahan, though. He's 6'0 tall and may top off at 6'1 200+ - so that's not small. It's not big, but it's not small.