View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 12:09 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
I realize your second point. But when all the guy does is build statues and fun parks downtown and pretend there's nothing wrong with his hockey department and disappear when it's going on...it's not going to fly here very long.

If he pops his head out and says SOMETHING about any of this, at least we'd know what he's thinking.
I get where you're coming from. I don't know if he's pretending there's nothing wrong... he's looking at the end-of-year run from last year as justification for the coach remaining. And remember, we're all of ten games into the season. The season is short, so we're a higher percentage of the season down...but I don't for a second think that he's sitting there as a giddy fan, thinking Ruff is a legend and that Pegula is privileged to have him working for a team he owns, nor do I think he's fine with the results.

I do hope, though, that he sees what the future has in store - or could have in store - and encourages the GM to make the necessary change in coaching. But for the 239th time in this thread alone, I don't want my owner being the one who has to make hockey decisions.