View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I loved Gomez after his 70 point season. His 58 point season the year following not so much but he still wasn't as bad as a Ranger as he was made out to be.

That trade mostly got funny way after the fact when Gomez proceeded to have a 38 point season followed by a 2 goal season.

There's no proof O'Reilly can produce at a Richards level and even less for Jankowski. Really??? Jankowski???? Kid hasn't played a game. An argument can be made for O'Reilly but you really lost me with Jankowski.
Yes but speaking strictly numbers, Scott Gomez has a higher PPG wearing Ranger silks than Brad Richards does thus far. Everyone says Gomez's tenure here was a disaster and rightfully so, he was a very enigmatic predictable player that had many invisible nights on the ice. I am seeing many similarities between the two on the ice and looking away at stats for a moment. Richards has no dominating shifts like he did with Dallas the previous years and he is a very predictable player on the PP. Simply not creative enough to turnaround a team's offense, despite being spoonfed with offensive zone time. Richards on this roster is by far being put in a position to succeed, IMO more-so than any other center in the league when factoring in most frequent linemates on offense (Nash, Gaborik) and on defense (Staal, Del Zotto). His production and on-ice play has been inexcusable. He's made some nice nifty passes, but nothing about him seems dominant.

What I meant about trading Richards is to find a team dumb enough to actually give up value in return for him. His contract is an albatross, but I think some team will feel pressured to try to make a playoff run this year. Trading him for picks/prospects allows the gates to be open in acquiring O'Reilly. O'Reilly will not produce as much offensively, but will probably bring a better overall game to the lineup.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote