View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
While I think McD is somewhat overrated by Habs fans for obvious reasons...that's a trade that would be very hard to turn down, I agree. I don't think McD is exceptional at anything but he's good to very good across the board and a Subban and McD combo gives you a first pairing for the next decade. It's hard to resist that.

But I doubt either team does that trade anyway, like I said, the Rangers aren't trading an American of that pedigree. Likewise, I get trading Markov for a Hedman, OEL or Pietrangelo, but also, not happening.
Well, let's be honest... none of this is going to happen. The guy also has a no-trade clause on top of everything else so we'd have to get him to accept it even if we wanted to deal him.

Interesting to see where people's heads are at though. Sad that we're sitting here wondering if we'd trade him for McD though seeing as how all we had to do was not give him away...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei79 View Post
Exactly.

Only a contending team would be going for a player like Markov and the only players of interest on that team would be players that are already important factors in that teams success, they wouldn't be coming back the other way. You'd have to settle for draft picks and players with potential, but who aren't making an immediate impact. It's a big gamble if you believe the team can content in 2-3 years time.
A team might do it if they think he's the last piece of the puzzle. Primeau+ for Shanahan, Zhitnik for Coburn... If you've got something a team needs they might do it. But they have to be contenders and they really have to need what you've got.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote