View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity404 View Post
Like others have mentioned I can't help but be a little disappointed by Jordan's defensive game so far. He's been very good, but not great, though I think my expectations for him were a little to high to begin with.

Offensively, Jordan doesn't seem to be clicking yet, and you can see a bit of that frustration on the ice. He does a really good job protecting the puck and creating space for Skinner which is good, but I haven't seen much else. His game is very similar to Eric's, they almost look like brothers out there .

I'm very excited to have him on the Canes for the next 10 years.
His defense is solid. I think people overrated him a tad here in Pittsburgh defensively. I would call him good in that regard, not elite or anything.

He does tend to get down on himself a bit when he's not scoring and you'll notice that with his body language etc. That's why I liked the story of Dave Lewis reassuring him a few days ago before he had scored a goal yet this season that he's played well and that the Pony gets into the race a lot faster than a big horse like Staal. He'll get going scoring goals eventually. Confidence is a big thing for him. When he has it he can get really hot like he did in the playoffs last season against Philly.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote