View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity404 View Post
Like others have mentioned I can't help but be a little disappointed by Jordan's defensive game so far. He's been very good, but not great, though I think my expectations for him were a little to high to begin with.

Offensively, Jordan doesn't seem to be clicking yet, and you can see a bit of that frustration on the ice. He does a really good job protecting the puck and creating space for Skinner which is good, but I haven't seen much else. His game is very similar to Eric's, they almost look like brothers out there .

I'm very excited to have him on the Canes for the next 10 years.
His defense is solid. I think people overrated him a tad here in Pittsburgh defensively. I would call him good in that regard, not elite or anything.

He does tend to get down on himself a bit when he's not scoring and you'll notice that with his body language etc. That's why I liked the story of Dave Lewis reassuring him a few days ago before he had scored a goal yet this season that he's played well and that the Pony gets into the race a lot faster than a big horse like Staal. He'll get going scoring goals eventually. Confidence is a big thing for him. When he has it he can get really hot like he did in the playoffs last season against Philly.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote