View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 11:18 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles aren't taking on a bad contract to move Streit.

and 2 seconds in a draft that lacks depth, is hardly something to get excited about.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...of-talent.html

2013 NHL draft lacks depth of talent
Brian Costello
2013-02-05 11:40:00
There’s good news and bad news for teams getting off to sluggish starts this lockout-shortened season. The good news is there’s some high-end young talent available in the 2013 NHL draft – Nathan MacKinnon, Seth Jones and Jonathan Drouin at the head of the class – for the bottom-feeders to feast on. The bad news? Contrary to popular belief, the 2013 draft isn’t nearly as deep as scouts initially projected the past couple of seasons.

“The 2013 draft won’t come close to 2003,” another scout said. “Let’s make that clear right now. Take away the first eight or 10 picks and you’re looking at guys who can contribute on the third and fourth lines, not the first line.”
What? This is the first guy I've heard give any kind of criticism of this draft's depth. Most people are saying how incredible it is that there are 50 1st round calibre players.

And two 2nd round picks are two 2nd round picks, regardless of draft depth. Streit is a UFA and NYI doesn't have 2nd round pick.I can understand not wanting to take on a bad contract, but your reasoning involving the pick/Frk is confusing to me.

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote