Thread: Derek Stepan
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 12:31 AM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
You're 100% correct. Stepan is so freakin overrated around these parts it is laughable. We have a 2C that can't skate, can't check, can't win a faceoff, can't shot the puck and who gets knocked off the puck by a stiff wind!
Glad I'm not (almost) the only one in here that's willing to take an unbiased approach to one of our home grown players. All seriousness, I don't think it's a matter of Step necessarily playing poorly. I just don't think he's being used in the right way. Why does a player with no hands, no speed and no shot deserve to be on the PP let alone the 2nd line? Is Torts kidding me with Step on the right point on the PP? Either we seriously have no options or Torts is on drugs. Stepan right now would be a highly effective 3C and he hasn't shown anything in a LONG while stretching back to almost a year ago to prove otherwise. The reason we haven't seen it is because Torts has 0 options to try there unless Miller sticks but I expect nothing out of that kid at 19. Hence: get me J Jokinen or Antropov on the cheap