View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I really like Monahan too.

Lindholm look to have more upside, but Monahan should have a really nice, well rounded game. He is probably more NHL ready too.

I would be very happy with either kid. I would aslo be happy to have the Jets draft much later.
I agree, truck.

I would feel even better about that if Chevy was aggressive in getting the players this team needs to be a playoff contender. I personally believe, we are only a couple of players away from being a playoff threat each year. Unfortunately, that's 2 - top 6 forwards, specifically centers (as i like Little on the wing more) and a legit top 4 dman. I'll give Pavy a pass, for now.

Now Scheifele may be that guy in the future, or Burmi, if he continues his development, but a true playoff contender does not have 2 holes (imo) in the top 6 center position. Currently, Olli (ranked #63 in pts) and Antro (#85) are only slightly higher than Burmi (#98) or Slater (#115), and are older players on the downslope of their careers.

So if Chevy can acquire a legit top 6 center and top 4 dman, i won't worry about the draft too much. But since this hasn't happened, the draft seems to be the only way we can acquire the pieces we need. That's a pretty scary thought, though, as draft picks have a tendency to not work out, more than they do work out.