View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
I'm a little concerned by, I think it was Dan Sedin's comments after the oilers win. Talking about how it's a road game and sometimes they aren't really giving it as much as they should- something kinda like that. Seriously, what the hell? AV needs to fire this team up if they're saying stuff like that publically.
I don't think its possible to "give it all" or "100%" in an normal NHL season, This one is even more congested.All though he probably shouldn't say it. In every sport teams pick games they want to win. Having a Great home record and say .500 on the road is usually the plan. You could see the difference between the Chicago game and the Oil game. Chicago they had a clear game plan that was executed very well. They controlled the pace of the game and made sure they weren't out skilled. Against the Oil they seemed to let the kids play the game they wanted to, we seem to be content trying to play there game. I don't think they think there a threat. if it cam close to losing the division to them I think well turn up, play a checking game like when we out hit teams 45 to 10, at the moment there,s no point.

Edit. Also why i think Burr was with the twins in that game, they were happy to play a looser speed game.

Also I don't think its the coaches job to motivate "fire up"players. these guys are well paid pros, and were probably told to do exactly what they did.

Last edited by Stories Tales Lies: 02-05-2013 at 11:51 PM.