Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Minnesota Wild
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 12:35 AM
El Nino22

vCash: 500
Personally I think with the lack of production the Wild has gotten from its forwards outside of the top line they might as well spread their depth out across lines 2-4 and roll 4 lines all night. The only exception I would make to this is Konopka. His minutes should be sheltered.

Line 1: Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Line 2: PMB-Cullen-Coyle
Line 3: Granlund-Brodziak-Setoguichi
Line 4: Mitchell-Konopka-Clutterbuck

Line 1: Only line to have shown any offensive production. I do agree with the other posters who have mentioned Heatley's floating on this line, but it will be even more evident when he isn't playing with two Selke canidates. On top of that Parise-Koivu have been fantastic together and Heatley hasn't stopped getting chances he just hasn't been finishing the last few games.

Line 2: This was our most dangerous line against Phoenix. Cullen and Coyle work the cycle well and PMB just knows what to do with the puck. Coyle passed up some shooting opportunities in his first game in PHX, but that trend won't continue. Once he starts firing shots this line will be nasty.

Line 3: Granlund needs to be on the wing. That was obvious after his against PHX. Also despite their lack of production so far I think Granlund and Setoguichi have chemistry together. These two looked good playing with Konopka a big center who could clear some space up the middle do work in the corners and behind the net They will look even better with Brodz who can do all those things and hopefully together they can all spark their games.

Line 4: This line is pretty simple to figure out. They have a lot of speed and physicality. They'll score the odd goal here and there, but mainly just be hard to play against and wear out other teams on the cycle.