View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 01:27 AM
El Nino22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
If the Wild can step up their offense and Bouchard is at least a .5 ppg player, I would expect a 2nd or maybe a 3rd/4th and decent prospect. Without the concussion problems, Bouchard is easily worth a mid to late 1st.

Oh I agree about the Wild being too small up front but that's a problem that we may be able to fix without having to make some blockbuster trade, although I've always had a bit of a man crush on Stafford. And for the record, he may not be huge, but Seto is easily capable of holding his own out there as we've seen so far this year. If Coyle can develop into a solid 2nd liner that's one big body and all it takes is a decent top 6 free agent signing and our top 6 is more than capable of holding it's own. Parise's size hasn't hindered him at all, Zucker is kinda like a Parise-lite and his size didn't seem to affect his playing ability in the Houston games I watched, and Heatley, well, whatever.
I do agree that Seto can hold his own to an extent. He isn't afraid of contact and he will hit, but he gets knocked off the puck way too often which is really the problem. Obviously Parise has it figured out. I only included him because he is under 6'.

As far as Coyle goes I'm excited. He definitely fits the Wild's needs upfront, but how NHL ready is he this year? I know he has been good Houston, but he has also been streaky. If he is going to stick with the Wild this year he needs find consistency in his game. He looked good in his debut, hopefully it continues.