02-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Bjindaho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/blu...the-franchise/

Shi Davidi ‏@ShiDavidi 5m
Gibbons sees Edwin Encarnacion as #BlueJays 1B, with Adam Lind as DH
Other things Gibbons will be watching during spring training: “We’ll look at Adam Lind, see how he’s doing against left-handed pitchers"
Asked who would be #BlueJays closer if both Janssen, Santos 100%, Gibbons says: "We’ll go with Casey. He had a great year doing it."
In chat w media b4 state of franchise, #Jays mgr Gibbons on 2B: “Going in I think Izturis has the edge but we’re going to let that play out”
As soon as I read this, I thought "Thank god we have a coach who will actually make decisions based on numbers and actual performance". No more Corderos blowing games, because if you don't perform with Gibby, you get a lesser role.

He's got the Knuckle-Power-Lefty-Power-Lefty combo that was being clamoured for. He's got the top 5 in arguably the best order (and is willing to re-visit if it isn't). He's giving Lind his shot, but will monitor his v Lefties (and platoon him if necessary). He's starting Janssen at closer because of last year.

There's nothing like the GM making the right moves to help the team, then the coach showing that he understands the way the team needs to be coached in terms of personnel.