View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 08:22 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieFlyersFan View Post
Hey guys, I recently changed from Bauer x2.0 because i had arch issues, I tried every skate in the shop and changed to the CCM U+10's which have been a fanstatic skate apart from the incredibly painful pressure that i get directly on the ankle bone. I've had them baked twice and tried to DIY punch out the skate in the ankle area but neither has really helped. I've been skating in the ccm's for about 3 months, about 3-4 days a week so i would've thought they'd be broken in by now. I don't really want to have to change skates again because the CCM's did fit me the best.Is this a problem that can be fixed? Or has anyone else had this problem and fixed it? Thanks
do you mean the ankle balls on the side of your feet? if so i had this exact problem with my graf G65's. the irritation of the muscles around my ankles got so bad i havent played in 3 weeks. I went to a custon hockey shop to get them stretched and the person was very helpful. we tried various paddings and other supliments in the skate. then they put in a kind of wedge bauer makes under the heal under the superfeet insole. it brought my foot up approx 3/4". as soon as i put them on it was like a giant relief of the pressure. i couldnt beleive it. they cost me $10 and I am pumped up to finally get back on the ice.