Thread: Proposal: Umberger
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 08:40 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I won't be scandalized or outraged if Umby does end up moved as a result of said evaluations. It happens, and he does have his limitations. I just object to this rabid frothing "he sucks, he sucks so bad, omfg trade him trade him RIGHT NOW" mishegaas.
Perfect reasonable. That is were I am. I guess my point is, we have 23 million left on that contract and even though it is only 10 games in this season he had a down year last year as well.

The front office better be evaluating this hard. The last thing we need is to left holding the bag if this decline doesn't correct itself. A poor year this year and a slow start next year and you suddenly shift from a, potentially, hard to trade asset to a difficult to trade liability. We aren't the Rangers or the Canadians that would just use the amnesty buy out. Cap space doesn't mean much to us at this point, but salary does. We won't add salary to compensate for a non productive top six player making 4.5 million a year.

I appreciate the back and forth. I agree on Brassard. Having said that, RJ is potentially a bigger risk if he really is on the decline.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote