Thread: Proposal: Umberger
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 08:47 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Brass had a good game last nite against the Kings. RJ was what has become the "usual".
I would say that our bar is so low with some of these player average play has morphed into good play. While Brassard has improved he is no where near "playing good" or even "had a good game". His game last night is what we should see as the floor for every game. Not scoring the goal, but the level of play and number of chances.

I did see at least a couple of shifts in which RJ was far more engaged and had chances. The big difference was that Brassard converted and he was a decent experiment on the point on the PP.

Brassard has improved over the last few games to the point that if he plays that way for 82 game a season he is almost worth keeping around. What I am waiting for is the guy from the rookie season that took over games and was, truly, a dynamic player. He is not that now. He just looks more dynamic because we don't have much in the way of dynamic players. If things keep up the way they are Johansen is going to pass him like he is standing still, despite his game last night.

Last edited by blahblah: 02-06-2013 at 08:52 AM.
blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote