View Single Post
02-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Luck 6
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
For one, I don't believe Ballard's contract will be that hard to "get rid of", as others do. If you look around the league, a lot of teams have shoddy D corps comparatively. There really is a dearth of talent out there. Just this last year, Filip Kuba got 4m... Think about that.

It's a tough call, but I wouldn't do it. Streit hasn't played a meaningful game in years. We've see what can happen when a player has not been playing for a winner for a while, and comes here and struggles greatly to fit in. That danger is there with Streit.

I have a feeling Gillis will give Ballard is one true shot this year, before he deals him in the offseason. Just like he's doing with Malhotra and Raymond, before they will be allowed to walk.
Whether Ballard gets his one true shot or not is irrelevant, we need to move him in the offseason. I've crunched the numbers and no matter how you look at it once of Ballard or Booth needs to be moved in the offseason. Since our primary need is scoring rather than defense, that makes Ballard the candidate. If Booth under performs this season he could be on the move too, but we'll be using that cap space to bring in an upgrade at forward.