View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 10:00 AM
solitary

vCash: 500
A few points I want to make based on what I've read in this thread so far.

Cody Hodgson in his first 7 games had one point and was on a team that was easily the best offensive team in the league at the time. Jordan Schroeder is playing on a team that is suffering from injuries, and let's be honest... this team isn't quite the same offensively. Therefore Cody was playing sheltered minutes where as Jordan is not.

Another thing, this whole idea of Cody Hodgson being an offensive catalyst is outlandish and it just reminds me as to how uneducated some hockey fans really are. No one can deny Cody's offensive output but to say he is a driving force... lets get real.

Comparing David Desharnais to Schroeder is foolish as well, no two players ever have the same trajectory in terms of career paths.

Final point I'm going to make.. offense is not everything. Lets take a page out of the history books, Steve Yzerman is an offensive juggernaut in the NHL, he wins nothing. He changes his game style to make himself more defensively stable... Cups follow. Again no two players, no two teams, no two organizations are on the same trajectory but there are some parallels that are constant and defensive play is one of them.

For the moment Schroeder is playing well and I hope to see him continue. Hopefully he can pot his first goal Thursday vs the Wild.

solitary is offline   Reply With Quote