View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 10:05 AM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Well, honestly what would you expect him to say.

Dineen doesn't like to single out players - he seemed very uncomfortable calling out his team after the last Philly debacle.

I agree that Clemmer is not the biggest problem on this team... but if this team is serious about making the playoffs this year after a disastrous start, then every single point from here on out is critical.The back-up will be relied on more heavily due to the condensed schedule. Asking for improvement at that position is not unreasonable.
He'd say something along the lines of, "we need to get better goaltending, I understand Clemmer is only starting his second game but we need him to play well because he's an important part of our team."

Clemmer is fine. He was 30th last year in save % with goalies with a minimum of 20 starts and 28th in GAA with goalies with a minimum of 20 starts. He's good enough. We have an above average backup.

Dineen needs to play Kovalev less 5 on 5 and maybe put in Skille. Everyone on D is starting to look better. Even Kuba and Weaver. Things are weird with a shortened training camp and no preseason. As Bob Mackenzie pointed out, you pretty much know where your team is at the fourth week of the season based on the last lockout. I think we're trending in the right direction. We can still put ourselves in a position to make the playoffs. We're very close right now.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote