Cleaning Hockey Gear
View Single Post
02-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Merged with the big thread on the topic.
My method now:
- As soon as I get home, pull everything out of the bag, set it on a wire rack to dry out. Flip the liner inside out on the gloves, pull the skates out of the bag, etc. Then give everything a quick spray with Febreze Sport, including my bag.
- Wash the protective gear that touches my skin every few months, when it starts to smell and/or get some funk on it (shoulders, shins, elbows).
- Never had success washing gloves, always seems to ruin the palms even more. I've found that the only way to prevent crusted palms is to air them out right after games. Leaving them in the bag = crusty palms and no way to undo that. I've resorted to buying lots of gloves on clearance and rotating them.
- Never put my skates in water. They kind of stink, but oh well. I put baby powder in them occasionally.
- Socks, jock, undershirt obviously get washed between games. Jerseys I spray with Febreze Sport and hang them up, maybe wash them once or twice a year, inside out and on super delicate settings, always hang them to dry.
View Public Profile
Visit Jarick's homepage!
Find More Posts by Jarick