View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Habs View Post
I'd prefer to see Crosby and Stamkos on two separate lines, actually. Something like:

Tavares - Crosby - Eberle
St. Louis - Stamkos - Giroux

This balances off the scoring a bit better than simply loading up Sid and Stammer on the same line. It also creates two different "looks" for the opposition, with the Crosby line relying a bit more on hockey intelligence and playmaking ability while the Stamkos line is a bit more dynamic (from a skating point of view). Overall, I'd prefer to keep Stamkos at the center position, where he's most comfortable. MSL is a LHed right winger, so if you want to stay true to his position you could move him over, then bring someone like Nash or Staal up to play LW on the Stamkos line.

I'm also not sure how well Crosby and Giroux would play together, given the issues they've had in the past. They're professionals and should be able to put it behind them for the good of the Maple Leaf on their chest, but who knows.

My bottom seven includes guys like Hall and Seguin, who could be moved up or down the lineup to introduce more of a speed element on the first line, or to take advantage of chemistry between Ebs and Hall. And solid vets like Toews, Richards, Nash, Staal, and Bergeron would round out the two-way 3rd and 4th lines.
I've been wondering the same since last spring's little dust up. I'm sure if it comes to that they'll bury the hatchet for a few weeks.