View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
True. In those instances when players are tired... fine. But it is the rule of most every attack. And we are not gaining puck control this year either as the fore-checking is off. More often than not - this is also used in PP situations. We have seen the results of that. If my old juniors coach saw this madness and the results it had gotten so far - he would say "next fella that dumps the puck into the zone on the PP rides the pine the rest of the game. Period" And it would have given effect. Both on creating constructive plays, puck possession and scoring goals
I agree to an extent. No doubt that preferred style of play last year was to win battles in the trenches below the hash. With that said, I dont see any evidence that offensive creativity on the rush is being stifled. In fact, most of our the teams good scoring chances have come off the rush these first 9 games.

If you have a chance on the rush, take it. If theres no play in the neutral zone, dump it and win a few battles. Its not rocket science. Im not sure why this team is having such a hard time with it.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote