View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

vCash: 500
Microsoft's problem always seems to be that they design things for the American market, not taking into account that more than half the stuff they hype up that isn't a game doesn't work in other regions.

I was never at any point going to buy a 720 (just like I'd never buy an original Xbox or a 360) but they are really stumbling around. Trying to capture the casual market may work, but the casual game market is always so fickle and will turn it's back on you when the next big thing comes out (See: Wii). If they are stupid enough to go down this route, I really hope Sony doesn't follow suit.

As for the "it can't play used games!", well, that was always coming. It is also inevitable, so might as well get it over with. With that said though, going about it this way (requiring it to always be online, directly attacking the market instead of letting it die on its own) is probably the wrong way to go about it. The system better come with an offline mode that you can use for gaming, or live better be going free, because forcing Xbox live onto people may not be the best idea. Especially when it's becoming more and more apparent that Live is a nickel and dime deal a company uses to block off things a consumer can get for free if they have any tech knowledge.