View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 11:22 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
"“He was all right. He would’ve liked to have the shot off the wing back,’’ Dineen said of Clemmensen, who had 18 saves on 21 shots. “We had our opportunities to try and score, but we didn’t have much on the power play tonight.’’

So the coach had no issue with his play but posters want to move Markstrom up because why?
Not uncommon two people listened to the same comment, yet heard 2 different things.

Dineen, who never likes dissing players, says he was ok, specifically points out oneof the three goals.. Thats not having no issue, thats having a major issue. He didnt say " He did everything i asked for; he didnt say "he stepped up when we needed him" , etc etc. I think he was clearly unsatisfied with Clemmer's performance. We will never know.

I dont think we disagree on Clemmers performance that much. I think we would agree that it was " Serviceable." Where we part I believe is you would keep him right there for the remainder of the year....

I would not. I believe this team can make the playoffs and go deep with Markstrom/theo. We are a decent team but require outstanding goaltending. Clemmer does not give that to you, and in a shortened season Its even more glaring. Markstrom gives us the best chance to bring back last years excitement, to make the playoffs, and bring the franchise up another level once again.

So if your of the premise of perhaps writing off the season, and thus ok with a serviceable back up, then the status quo is just fine. Im not. I think Markstrom playing 10-15 of the 40 games left gains us 5-8 points more than clemmer would and that IS the difference.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote