View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Dreakmur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
The offense on the Regina isn't particularly frightening
I think we have easily the best top-6 forwards in the draft. Our 2nd line was significantly better than most 1st lines.

Add in the best offensive defenseman in the draft, and I think our offense is definately frightening.

Quote:
Petr Sykora is a muffin and my rugged defense should keep him on the perimeter for most of the series.
Muffins don't play over 1000 NHL games... and they certainly don't have the number of dominant play-off runs that Sykora does.

You do have some rugged defensemen, but how many of them can keep up to a guy like Sykora. At best, Sean O'Donnell and Luke Richardson are just going to end up chasing, and at worst, they'll live in the penalty box.

Quote:
There aren't a lot of pucks to be won by the Regina forwards either, the top six lacks a lot of sandpaper I think.
There's a lot to be said for size in the corners.

Also, as I've said before, our forwards aren't going into the corners with Wayne Cashman, they're going in with Brian Gionta.

Quote:
The defensive corps were built differently for each team. The Regina team, more finesse, offensively oriented and their defense backs that. The Buffalo team needs a steady, defensive blueline to support aggressive forechecking forwards with positional integrity.
Just because our defensemen have skill doesn't mean they lack defensive abilities. Likewise, just because your defense lacks skill doesn't mean they have defensive abilities.

Dreakmur is online now   Reply With Quote