View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Meh. It'll save me money. I have about 200 (I'd say about 140 used) PS3 games.. and I've played about 40 of them.. and probably only about 15 of them frequently.

No used games = a lot of saved money for me. Especially considering all the DLC I bought for them. I should probably should be thanking the gaming companies rather than hating on them.

Not to mention, used games was a good way for me to try out a series. I would never have tried Uncharted, despite reviews, unless I saw it used. I did.. I ended up buying Part 3 brand new with all DLC, then I bought the Jak & Daxter series because I fell in love with the company, and I plan to buy The Last of Us.

Used games aren't the devil gaming companies make them out to be.
As I said in another thread, companies will need to be very careful if they go into these waters. They'll need to offer good demos of their games as well as good sales on their digital stores so they encourage people to take shots on things while they are cheap (think a console version of steam sales). If that happens, I don't think this will be that big of a deal. But if it doesnt, its just going to drive people who dont buy games at full price to wait even longer for a game to be cheap enough to buy it.

I know what you mean with Uncharted though, I didn't buy it used but I did pick it up in one of those controller + game bundles, and I fell in love with the series from that.