View Single Post
02-06-2013, 11:53 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I agree to an extent. No doubt that preferred style of play last year was to win battles in the trenches below the hash. With that said, I dont see any evidence that offensive creativity on the rush is being stifled. In fact, most of our the teams good scoring chances have come off the rush these first 9 games.

If you have a chance on the rush, take it. If theres no play in the neutral zone, dump it and win a few battles. Its not rocket science. Im not sure why this team is having such a hard time with it.
Yeah, there aren't enough east-west players on the roster to indicate to me that we're stifling creativity on the rush. We're just not great in the puck handling department. Kreider and Gaborik have wicked shots, but are average at best when it comes to "dangling" with the puck through traffic. Richards is too slow to be elusive in traffic. Stepan isn't strong enough to battle through traffic. Hagelin is blazing fast, but isn't a great puck handler either.

The real problem, IMO, is the lack of intensity on the forecheck. It's called dump and chase, not dump and casually pester the opposing defense before retreating.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote