Official 2012-2013 Florida Panthers Season Thread
View Single Post
02-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Fix the PP!!
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario
What do we do with the players that are UFA's or RFA's next year and whether we re-sign them(
Term and Salary
) or trade them
at the deadline:
- I feel Dale has a good idea of what Weiss wants and if it doesn't fit his plan, #9 may be a vacant number by the trade deadline. My personal opinion is to agressively hint to Weiss that we want him back and offer a 2-3 year deal @ $5million in the off-season. I feel his loyalty is more true than Bouwmeesters was in this situation years ago. Possibly let him know he has the 'C' locked up when Jovo hangs them up. Weiss could attract a 1st round pick and AHL player.
- I'd like Dale to re-sign him to a 2-3 year deal @ $1.7million to $2million. He has gotten quicker, stronger and provides a solid 3rd or 4th line role. He needs to contribute more consistiently on offense, I'd hope for 20-30pt seasons from him.
- Along with Matthias is a RFA but would also like him re-signed to a 2-3 year deal @ $2 to $2.5 million. A signng bonus if he keeps the flow. Mueller has the ability to put up 40-50pt seasons if he remains healthy. An amazing fit on that line with Huberdeau and Shore. Soft hands, speed and hungry to play and a team first guy.
- I love Skille sometimes and other times he is lost I feel. Needs to hit the net more, he's famous for cutting into zone and shooting wide everytime. He plays a hard nosed game and has ability to dump and chase or skate the puck in. Injuries hurt his long term appeal. 1 yr qualifying offer, match it if its not outrgeous. Would love him playing with Goc and Kopecky for the rest of this season and next.
- Decent faceoff man but i feel his role could be filled by one or many prospects waiting in the wings....BJUGSTAD!!!!! Smithson isn't a good fit moving forward with Dale's plan and team makeup.
- I feel a 2year @ $2 to $2.5 million deal is in order for #4, he has decent showings for the most part and although mistakes happen, they occur less frequently than in the past. Fights when necessary and I feel his overall game will improve.
- Re-sign him to a 1 yr deal at least @ $700,000 to $850,000. Physical game with a decent shot, steady and reliable for the most part and is always a better choice than Jovo or Weaver moving forward.
THANKS BUT NO THANKS, trade for a 4th-5th round pick if possible otherwise let a team offer him a better qualifying offer and force him to take it.
- Re-sign him to 2-3 year deal @ $1.5million, he has the ability to make the team and could become the 7th man next year if Weaver is gone or Jovo retires.
- 2year deal @ $2 million is fair value for him at this point. I hope he pans out to become our franchise goalie and needs more starts this year with the Panthers. Hopefully 5-6 games this year, no more spoon feeding him.
- Re-sign him for 1 year @ $1.5 to $2million and be the #1 again next year as Markstrom transitions over through next year.
WEAVER, BERGENHEIM (IF HE CAN'T SORT OUT THIS GREIVANCE SITUATION), CLEMMENSEN, SANTORELLI, SMITHSON AND UPSHALL (HE ISNT DURABLE ENOUGH @ $3.5MILLION)
JOVO IF POSSIBLE
Last edited by ThePatientPanther: 02-06-2013 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by ThePatientPanther