View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 12:58 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
I have to say, right now, if I were going to start over, I would rather have offense by committee than what we have right now. Something more like the Bruins top six.

Seguin, Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic: 67, 64, 62, 61. No 70+ scorer. No 80+ scorer. Biggest cap hit on offense is 5.25M.

So, theoretically (not actually saying we should do this), it would mean like, maybe holding onto Nash (only because he has term left on his deal and is young enough to have a lot in the tank still) and doing things like moving Gaborik and Richards in packages with picks and prospects to add players like Vermette, Hanzal, Little, Korpikoski, Ladd, Kane, Wheeler, Burmistrov, Postma, Gormley, Klesla (I just used players from WPG and PHX as examples, could be any similar players) and the idea would be to add 4-5 of those players at the cost of Richards, Gaborik a couple of picks, prospects and maybe a Pyatt or Eminger in the mix somewhere. Basically, having several lower tier talents but really spreading it out.

Nash - Vermette - Wheeler
Korpikoski - Stepan - Callahan
Kreider - Miller - Hagelin
Powe - Boyle - Pyatt
McD - Girardi
Staal - MDZ
Klesla - Stralman

I mean, bleh, whatever. I have no idea what it would end up looking like and I'm not being serious or suggesting we SHOULD do this by any stretch of the imagination. I'm simply saying if I were in an alternate reality and we were going to do things differently, I'd be interested in going with a deeper, less "elite" look than having a stacked top 3 worth 22M. Hopefully, Miller and Kreider and Hagelin and Stepan can step it up/keep it up and give us some of that deeper look. Don't take this post too seriously. It's not a trade proposal. It's just a "what if..." kind of rant.