View Single Post
02-06-2013, 11:58 AM
vCash: 500
I don't remember any ill will between the Bruins and Canucks (heck, that regular season game was pretty boring) but once you got into a series with them, it was pure hate. I would add it is now the same with Buffalo, and had moments with Carolina and Tampa.
I think part of the problem is that the Canucks fanbase felt entitled to the cup. Reading in their forum during the cup series was ridiculous. I remember some fans discussing whether they should lose game 3 on purpose so the cup could be raised at home (yes several of them expected a sweep). I also remember how dismissive of Seids the Canucks fans were.

That in a nutshell was the fanbase-their team won the President's trophy and Boston was just a bunch of upstarts who wouldn't even find a roster spot on the Canucks team outside of Chara.

I have no doubt that the Canucks team wasn't thinking about losing games on purpose or dismissing the hockey skills of the Bruins. I think they knew they were the favorites but I have a hard time believing any hockey player in playing for the Cup believes they are being handed a cakewalk to the parade.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote