Thread: Post-Game Talk: Hawks - Sharks = Hawks Win 5-3
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 12:09 PM
BobbyJet

vCash: 500
As a Hawk fan one should be able to appreciate the contributions of Toews, Kane and Hoss, as they are all great players in their own rite, and each brings a lot to this team.
Comparing Toews with Crosby is difficult. Sure, it is natural for, and I can fully understand that most fans automatically go with Crosby but Crosby is not the defensive presence that Toews is, and he never will be. I can equate it somewhat to comparing Gretzky with Messier in their heyday. They were both tremendous hockey players but who was more valuable in their overall game? Either way you can’t really go wrong, but who would you rather have in a crucial, high intensity and physical playoff game? I think you’d be surprised at how many GM’s/coaches would take Messier. That would be my pick as well. For this team, Toews is their heart and soul. Even at his tender age he is right up there with Hull and Mikita…. Same as Crosby is up there with Lemieux and Jagr. You choose. But please don’t give me this crap about Toews being overrated by anyone. All real hockey people will tell you he is underrated, if anything. He should have been a nominee for the Selke every season he has played in the NHL.

Back to the game: haven’t seen it yet, but absolutely love the fact that Keith stood up for Mayers.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote